Full-Stack Engineer (Fellowship)
Note: Fellowship is unpaid.
Alariss Global is a fast-growing tech startup in the global expansion space. We are backed by top VCs and serve clients in China, India, Southeast Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa. Our tech platform connects global leaders to high-impact roles in the emerging markets, with the mission of fostering greater international and intercultural collaboration. The CEO has a Harvard BA, Princeton MPA, and Stanford MBA, and the CTO has a Harvard BA and INSEAD MBA.
We are hiring for a Full-Stack Engineer Summer Fellowship, reporting directly to the CTO. At this early stage, you will have an enormous impact and will be responsible for scaling our Global Talent Marketplace. With a user pool of +50,000 users, the marketplace enables emerging tech firms to connect seamlessly with the world’s best tech talent. Our platform features a proprietary algorithm using NLP to identify the best candidate matches, and then facilitates a smooth interviewing and hiring process. We are seeking to scale our marketplace to onboard up to 1 million users within 12 months.
The team you'll be working with
We're a team of 3 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, DevOps and QA. We currently run a very horizontal team structure and report directly to the CTO.
How we work
We love Working Async this means you get to do your own schedule. Some tasks require us to be online with others but even that can be arranged. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
- (async) Application is reviewed by your future manager (CTO)
- (async) Code exercise (async, no deadline, a very simple 15-minute exercise)
- Interview with the team (no managers on the call, just for you to get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Interview with the CTO
- Interview with the CEO
- (async) Offer
- Startup mentality => Move quickly, iterate quickly, delight our customers
- Interest in build pages with performance, accessibility and API design in mind
- Attention to the details when implementing UI mockups made by our amazing design team.
- Experience building online marketplaces
Note: Alariss Global can sponsor OPT
Note: This Fellowship is unpaid