Product Marketing Manager
SmartLiv is a very well-funded incubation team that has endless possibilities for our future. We are made up of global aspirational strivers leading the next generation of IoT because we believe the sum is greater than its parts. We aspire to elevate the moments of people’s lives around the world so that people can focus on the experience. And yes, we have some aggressive goals but that’s where the fun is.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a strategic, insightful, and dynamic Product Marketing Manager to pave a strong foundation for our teams. As a PMM, you will play a crucial role as the center point for our product development, leading Technical PMs, Engineering teams, and marketing to ensure the company is on track to hitting development milestones and to maximize customer reach. You are an aspirational striver and are relentless about pushing the limits to advocate for our customers. You are a driver for innovation and change, who challenges the status quo, and thinks forward.
What will you be doing?
- From inception to completion, you will own product planning, development, and go to market including, which will include but not limited to product design, channel strategy, MSRP, cost, and budgeting.
- Provide product category expertise for strategic business development.
- Optimize cross functional success as Liaison between sales and development team.
- Develop and execute product launch and marketing strategy with sales and marketing team. Including but not limited to managing marketing agencies and other 3rd parties to optimize our market reach.
- Manage marketing budget and determines the most effective channels for marketing spend.
- Build and grow community engagement. Including but not limited to working with marketing to maintain customer conversations in social media and our web forum, community outreach projects, and other activities to promote a strong PR.
- Analyze market for gaps, trends, and consumer needs to create product briefs based on market findings, to initiate new projects and lead product development with cross functional teams.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams and external agencies to ensure our brand is represented appropriately, meeting brand guardrails throughout the development and marketing of the product.
- Work closely with Product Engineer to determine the most profitable path for both existing and new projects.
- Align with Engineering team on standards and work with Product Managers to ensure proper execution.
- Proof packaging to ensure branding alignment and appropriate presentation.
Experiences and expertise you’ll need:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Business, or related field Or 5 additional years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years in Product Marketing Management
- 3-5 years in the IOT industry, home electronics, entertainment, security, and/or wearable technology (Extra points if you’ve worked at Apple, Fitbit, Samsung, Garmin, Ring, eufy, Vivint, ADT, Amazon, Google Nest)
- Experience successfully leading cross functional individuals to meet milestones and goals
- Inter-cultural & Cross-functions communication skills is a plus!